just like that

"Be the change you want to see" - Mahatma Gandhi

There are times when I feel really lucky for having made it to this place. Some of the people I have met here have inspired and motivated me to bigger things. The Professor who handled Business to Business (B2B) marketing for us is one among them. This post is a dedication to him and all such good Profs in this country.


I still remember the first class. Even as the people were all just settling in the class, we saw this tall guy going about setting up his things. My first thoughts were one of skepticism – doesn’t seem right; must be yet another of those 'globe' profs! And then he began to speak. There are a few prof’s who speak really well but really don’t have much substance and then there are some who know their stuff but are not really able to get it across to the students. Very rarely do you find a Prof who knows his subject and is able to communicate it in a way that even the least inclined student gets interested and learns something. For once, all those guys who always considered marketing as ‘globe’ shut up. For once, we knew what case analysis really meant. For once, here was a Prof who was teaching us what was exactly happening in a corporate scenario and how to handle it. For once, we were spellbound!


The best part about the classes was the light-hearted manner in which he narrated certain mistakes made by himself/his colleagues at work. And also the humble, polite manner in which he answered the silliest of questions on and off the class. Every class of his was filled with immense takeaways and as I just said, solutions to tight situations a manager might find himself/herself in when they start working tomorrow. Over the course of twenty sessions, he has introduced a structured thought process in us and Iam really happy to say that I can approach any case much better now. Above all, it has got me totally involved in marketing all over again.


Thank you sir! It's truly been one helluva course. Hope you continue to enlighten the future batches of IIM Indore (and other schools) for a very long time to come.

5 comments:

Another reason to miss france! :)

luv this line.................and u thought marketing was globe!!

You bet man. There's NOBODY to beat him. Substance, class, delivery and humility... a package all in one.

I still remember one particular class when I had read a case three times and half of the class was clueless about it. He started asking people to take sides and 10 people before took one - mostly because they didnt analyse it properly - and I, the bold one, took another side. Then he said: Yes, now you are the guy. In the next class, give me a complete logic, analysis and numbers supporting your statement. I freezed coz you know good he is. Thankfully, he took a break and that part never happened. But I read the case twenty times alrite.

Mohan Kuruvilla Rox !!! I have a colleague from office who has done his MBA from Ohio Manipal Institute of Mgm in Bangalore and guess who taught them B2B marketing, Mohan Kuruvilla himself.

Trust me, if any of your batchmates actually land up with a B2B marketing job, they'll surely have fond memories of him.

Cheers.....Jam

True..Kuruvilla rocks..There is no one better than him to take Sales& Distribution, B2B. What a humble guy yar he is!!!! I must have drowned him with my questions in his session, but he never hesitated to answer even my silliest questions....really a great person.......

its 2017 and kuruvilla sir taught us at IIM vizag
it was a BLAST .... he is the best teacher ever ...
i was also quite fortunate to be amongst his liked students :)

About this blog

A blog struggling to keep itself alive as its writer juggles his life between selling paints and playing poker!

Hits

My Blog List

  • A nyomorultak teljes film magyarul online 2012 - A nyomorultak 2012 teljes film letöltés online 🥇 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ A nyomorultak videa online filmek A nyomorultak teljes film magyarul online 2012 film teljes A nyom...
    4 years ago
  • Surviving, thriving in Hyderabad - Ok, so you have to cross a road. Everyone has to, some time or other. Obviously there is an endless stream of cars, bikes, autos and buses in front of you....
    5 years ago
  • Future of Online Advertising - Google & Facebook Platform Dominance - Not everything is rosy in the world of digital advertising. P&G announced last week it has cut more than 100$ Million (equivalent to INR 635 crores). It ci...
    6 years ago
  • The Great Mass Shooting Contest - What do a school, a movie theater, a shopping mall and a place of worship have in common? ... you might get shot at any of these places. Continue reading →
    8 years ago
  • Doll and a White Rose - I hurried into the local department store to grab some last minute Christmas gifts. I looked at all the people and grumbled to myself. I would be in here ...
    10 years ago
  • Haiku! - L-aloo L-aloo Criminal Ordinance Hot Potato! Pranab da Laloo ya Fodder for thought! Indian cements Srini of BCCI Cementing his place! No US Visa for NaMo ...
    10 years ago
  • Good Night | Good Morning. - Anyone who reads the Hindu will know that Sudhish Kamath is not one of their best writers. But the guy sure has a sense of humour. That’s why his reviews w...
    13 years ago
  • Who says Elephants can't Dance: Louis V Gerstner, Jr. - I would have laughed at myself a few quarters back if someone told me to read this book. I have never shown any interest to books on consulting, change ...
    14 years ago
  • - There's no work in walking in to fuel the talk I would grab my shoes and then away I'd walk Through all the stubborn beauty I start at the dawn Until the sun...
    14 years ago
  • Tony Melendez - A Great Video about Tony Melendez Cheers, Wayne
    14 years ago
  • Joga Bonito - Master | 19th July 2007 | Bombay In 2007, you would have expected Jayjay to be happy. Everything seemed to have happened as any ordinary person would have ...
    16 years ago