just like that

"Be the change you want to see" - Mahatma Gandhi

That’s one question that’s been haunting me for quite some time now. I started this blog around about a year back. I did so because I always liked writing and six months at IIM-Indore had made me aware about blogs. So I began this blog, partly from peer pressure and partly from my own interest towards writing. Amongst my first thoughts was to build this as a social awareness blog, giving strong opinions on important social/political issues. Unfortunately, that needed a lot of background work and the lazy ass I was, I never got to that. So the next best thing was to write about something I was experiencing – my life here. Hence, this blog today stands before you as indorelife - a ‘campus’ blog. That now takes us back to our main topic – where does this blog go now?


Even while on campus, with all the free time in the world and a broadband internet connection at my disposal throughout, I have managed just 25 posts in an entire year. Of course, numbers are not everything but they do indicate my laggard nature. The point is, when Iam going to shift to a busy work environment where am I going to find time for blogging? Will I at least have access to broadband in the small town that I may be posted to? All said and done, I guess if Iam really passionate about my writing, all the excuses can be handled. And I do feel that I just might manage to continue writing. Assuming I do that, the next question is – will it be under indorelife.blogspot or will it be a new blog?


‘indorelife’ has built some brand equity for itself over the last one year. With 3116 hits as of today and readership across seven countries, it is a truly global brand :). Jokes apart, I really don’t want to throw ‘indorelife’ out of the window just because the name is no longer relevant. I request my regular readers to voice your thoughts on the same. May be you can help me reach a decision.

10 comments:

Yeaha, I can give advice for free. :-P

Dont think too much.

I just wanted to try blogging once for the 'heck of it' and gave a weirdo name... mumbo jumbo... and it has stuck for almost 3 years now.

Dont think too mch... just keep writing. And btw, it's a long way downhill from now... fun-wise. Be forewarned. :-P

Btw, got to know that u r into AP. Congrats da. Heading where? North? (must be!)...

Hey.. As Govar has said correctly, whatever name u give, the blog has been always identified as blog of Vimal.. Continue writing in this however rare it came to be...

Undoubtedly, here only.

Looking forward to your Life and times of an acadcom member - Part 2 post here. This is one sequel that's generating more expectations than the original one... :P

Dei Vimal,

Long time no hear, the only way that people can keep in touch these days with each other's lives is through blogging. Trust me the only medium which can be used to get across messages to probably all your friends will be your blog.

Whatever you do, don't let indorelife come to an end. If anything, it should be kept updated more often now.

Cheers.......Jam

@everyone - thanks a lot.

@Govar - Location not known as of now. Hoping it will be in the south :)

@robin - Will do sir :)

@Sreeram - Sequel expected to release before end of month :)

@Jam - definitely. will try to keep it updated.

how u became acadcom???

waiting for the second part of 'oh so modest' acadcom series :P
and plz dont stop blogging.. ppl like me whose main connect to firends is gonna be thru blogs will miss it lots

sob sob..now back at home.. i just wish the two years never ended..

machan... make it indoorlife until u start on ur job.. then make it outdoorlife...

:D

hmm.. cognitively thread

About this blog

A blog struggling to keep itself alive as its writer juggles his life between selling paints and playing poker!

Hits

My Blog List

  • A nyomorultak teljes film magyarul online 2012 - A nyomorultak 2012 teljes film letöltés online 🥇 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ A nyomorultak videa online filmek A nyomorultak teljes film magyarul online 2012 film teljes A nyom...
    4 years ago
  • Surviving, thriving in Hyderabad - Ok, so you have to cross a road. Everyone has to, some time or other. Obviously there is an endless stream of cars, bikes, autos and buses in front of you....
    5 years ago
  • Future of Online Advertising - Google & Facebook Platform Dominance - Not everything is rosy in the world of digital advertising. P&G announced last week it has cut more than 100$ Million (equivalent to INR 635 crores). It ci...
    6 years ago
  • The Great Mass Shooting Contest - What do a school, a movie theater, a shopping mall and a place of worship have in common? ... you might get shot at any of these places. Continue reading →
    8 years ago
  • Doll and a White Rose - I hurried into the local department store to grab some last minute Christmas gifts. I looked at all the people and grumbled to myself. I would be in here ...
    10 years ago
  • Haiku! - L-aloo L-aloo Criminal Ordinance Hot Potato! Pranab da Laloo ya Fodder for thought! Indian cements Srini of BCCI Cementing his place! No US Visa for NaMo ...
    10 years ago
  • Good Night | Good Morning. - Anyone who reads the Hindu will know that Sudhish Kamath is not one of their best writers. But the guy sure has a sense of humour. That’s why his reviews w...
    13 years ago
  • Who says Elephants can't Dance: Louis V Gerstner, Jr. - I would have laughed at myself a few quarters back if someone told me to read this book. I have never shown any interest to books on consulting, change ...
    14 years ago
  • - There's no work in walking in to fuel the talk I would grab my shoes and then away I'd walk Through all the stubborn beauty I start at the dawn Until the sun...
    14 years ago
  • Tony Melendez - A Great Video about Tony Melendez Cheers, Wayne
    14 years ago
  • Joga Bonito - Master | 19th July 2007 | Bombay In 2007, you would have expected Jayjay to be happy. Everything seemed to have happened as any ordinary person would have ...
    16 years ago