just like that

"Be the change you want to see" - Mahatma Gandhi

Ok, let me begin with something I wrote a few months back. I had written this mail to my college mates as to what was happening with my life here.
Exercepts from that mail:

So here is what I have been up to in the last few months.
When I came back for the second term, I was determined not to let things slip. I was among the bottom half of the batch and wanted to move up the value chain(?????).The first 2 days were one of intense planning wherein I decided how Iam going to allot each minute of the day for various subjects. It was a very good plan but soon after, the real ‘vimal’ in me took over. So, I was back to square one (or zero).

It took two classes(actually mid-way throught the second) to understand that ‘Finance’ is not for the ordinary people of this planet. Disappointing, especially when u consider the fact that I was thinking of a Fin specialization when I came in here. My first term favorite, Microeconomics had evolved into Macroeconomics in the second term. It continues to be my favorite in second term along with marketing. Marketing as a subject shows a lot of promise in the sense that I can talk absolute globe for half an hour and still not make a single point. As for other subjects, less said the better.

Life here is much more than just academics. The glossy side of my life here has been the other 18 hours in the day. The beauty of the campus continues to amaze me. You almost lose count of time when you go on one of those long walks down hill with the moon shining down in all its beauty and the chilling winter breeze striking across your face. It is almost too good to be real.

As for the people here, they continue to amaze me with their intelligence-hardwork combo.We have a good bonding among our block mates here, who are twenty in number. The other blocks envy the unity of our block and also its strategic positioning (right above the girls block). We have a ‘gala’ time most of the days. No wonder, most of our grades are hopelessly screwed.

The most eagerly awaited event of the second term – the summer placements happened three weeks back. This was for our summer projects in march and april. I had prepared a resume properly for the first time in my life ( my job interview resume was prepared by a friend of mine) but when I saw some of the other resumes I thought of sending my resume to the place where it belongs – The Trash. Anyways, the big day came and so did the biggies. HLL, ITC, Tatas, Reliance, Pepsi, Coke, L’oreal, StanC and HDFC to name a few. My first GD shortlist was that of HLL’s and I screwed up the GD big time. Then came ITC and it was basically a dream GD. I got the interview shortlist. Excerpts from the interview:

Panel: so vimal, you studied electronics. Why did you get into management?
Vimal (to himself): because I never understood anything in electronics.
Vimal(to Panel): Sir it’s got to do with my long-term career plan. Well, you see ….

P: why do you want to get into marketing?
V(t h): Because Finance is screwed, there are no HR profiles open and I don’t know anything in IT.
V(t P): Marketing – the very word excites me……

P: why do you want to join ITC?
V(t h): because you are the only people who have short-listed me. It’s that simple, really.
V(t P): when you want to learn, you better learn it from the best. The 2 months will be a learning curve for me and ….

After a few more such "wonderful" interviews, I got an offer from Radio Mirchi. I was pretty happy and excited about the fact that I would get to do my summers in something I would enjoy actually.

After all that excitement with placement for 4 days, we had a few peaceful days where we screwed up quizzes as usual. Then, IRIS came. It is the biggest management festival conducted across all B-schools. With a sponsorship of 15 lakhs, the event was truly a success even before it begun. The event had the biggest prize money on offer for any game across B-schools, namely one-lakh rupees for the first prizewinner in a particular game. The other events had equally attractive prize moneys. On the last day, we got “Euphoria” to perform on campus. Incidentally, it was the first time they were performing in Indore and the ticket sales were simply outstanding. It would take me an mail as big as this to just tell about IRIS, but put shortly, it was a truly amazing experience.
.....


All right then, let me stop here. Hope it wasn't too boring.




5 comments:

early bird prize for me :)
keep posting, let me have more insights on my neighbour. and ya, i'll tell u when its boring, as of now it's interesting :)

Agree with Shameelo..Its intersting..unlike me ..u hav something to write at least:)

lol.. nice postings!! liked the latest post :-)

hi da

Hi vignesh, where r u now? no info about u!

About this blog

A blog struggling to keep itself alive as its writer juggles his life between selling paints and playing poker!

Hits

My Blog List

  • A nyomorultak teljes film magyarul online 2012 - A nyomorultak 2012 teljes film letöltés online 🥇 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ A nyomorultak videa online filmek A nyomorultak teljes film magyarul online 2012 film teljes A nyom...
    4 years ago
  • Surviving, thriving in Hyderabad - Ok, so you have to cross a road. Everyone has to, some time or other. Obviously there is an endless stream of cars, bikes, autos and buses in front of you....
    5 years ago
  • Future of Online Advertising - Google & Facebook Platform Dominance - Not everything is rosy in the world of digital advertising. P&G announced last week it has cut more than 100$ Million (equivalent to INR 635 crores). It ci...
    6 years ago
  • The Great Mass Shooting Contest - What do a school, a movie theater, a shopping mall and a place of worship have in common? ... you might get shot at any of these places. Continue reading →
    8 years ago
  • Doll and a White Rose - I hurried into the local department store to grab some last minute Christmas gifts. I looked at all the people and grumbled to myself. I would be in here ...
    10 years ago
  • Haiku! - L-aloo L-aloo Criminal Ordinance Hot Potato! Pranab da Laloo ya Fodder for thought! Indian cements Srini of BCCI Cementing his place! No US Visa for NaMo ...
    10 years ago
  • Good Night | Good Morning. - Anyone who reads the Hindu will know that Sudhish Kamath is not one of their best writers. But the guy sure has a sense of humour. That’s why his reviews w...
    13 years ago
  • Who says Elephants can't Dance: Louis V Gerstner, Jr. - I would have laughed at myself a few quarters back if someone told me to read this book. I have never shown any interest to books on consulting, change ...
    14 years ago
  • - There's no work in walking in to fuel the talk I would grab my shoes and then away I'd walk Through all the stubborn beauty I start at the dawn Until the sun...
    14 years ago
  • Tony Melendez - A Great Video about Tony Melendez Cheers, Wayne
    14 years ago
  • Joga Bonito - Master | 19th July 2007 | Bombay In 2007, you would have expected Jayjay to be happy. Everything seemed to have happened as any ordinary person would have ...
    16 years ago